Use these handy links to answer our most commonly asked questions!
Last Updated: May 22, 2013
Directions in Online Guide Format
Click HERE for All Guides & Tutorials
Need more help?
Contact a Librarian!
- APA & MLA Citing & Incorporating Sources
- Brainmapping Demonstration
Watch Visual mapping to narrow a topic.
- Computer-based Technology in Education
- Conducting a Literature Review
Education and Behavioral Sciences
- Connect to Article
"Connect to Article" in the catalog results
- Downloaded eBrary Books to your Tablet or eReader
- eBrary: Online books
- Evaluate Sources
Emphasis on websites, but also books, journals, news, reviews.
- FAQs About Library Services
- Find an Article from a Citation ("Required Reading")
- Find Articles Using Databases
- Find Books
Find the books you need in Alicat, our online catalog
- Find Course Reserves
- Find Two (or more!) Sides of an Issue
- Google Scholar
- Information Cycle -- Play the Timeline
From U of Idaho.
- Introduction to Databases
- Literature Review in Education & Behavioral Sciences
- Preventing Plagiarism & Academic Honesty
- Primary & Secondary Sources
- Reading a Citation
From the U. of Idaho. Interactive on how to tell if a citation is from a book chapter, journal article, web site, or newspaper article.
- Required Reading
Find a required reading given by a professor
- Research Overview
Develop a topic, find keywords, find & use sources
- Scholarly Journals
- Scholarly Journals v Popular Magazines
Quick clicks to see the differences. Is my article scholarly? Peer-reviewed? From a magazine? Or trade journal article? From U of Idaho Information Literacy CORE Module
- Streaming Audio and Video from AU Databases
- Wikipedia for Academic Research?